FISERV, INC. 2007 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD MEMORANDUM
EMPLOYEE (SENIOR MANAGEMENT)
|See account data in Fidelity system.|
|See account data in Fidelity system.|
Number of Shares Subject to Award:
|See account data in Fidelity system.|
|2nd anniversary of Grant Date|
|3rd anniversary of Grant Date|
|4th anniversary of Grant Date|
Additional terms and conditions of your Award are included in the Employee Restricted Stock Unit Agreement. As a condition to your receipt of Shares, you must log on to Fidelitys website at www.netbenefits.com and accept the terms and conditions of this Award.
Note: Section 3(c) of the Employee Restricted Stock Unit Agreement contains provisions that restrict your activities. These provisions apply to you and, by accepting this Award, you agree to be bound by these restrictions.
FISERV, INC. 2007 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
EMPLOYEE RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT
Pursuant to the Fiserv, Inc. 2007 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the Plan), Fiserv, Inc., a Wisconsin corporation (the Company), has granted you Restricted Stock Units (the Award) entitling you to receive such number of shares of Company common stock (the Shares) as is set forth in the Award Memorandum on the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (this Agreement) and the terms of the Plan. Capitalized terms used in this Agreement and not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan.
In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement or the Award Memorandum and the terms of the Plan, the terms of the Plan shall govern. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Award Memorandum, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.
|1.||Grant Date. The Award is granted to you on the Grant Date set forth in the Award Memorandum.|
|2.||Vesting. Provided that you are an employee as of the applicable date, this Award will vest, and subject to any deferral election then in effect, the Shares subject to this Award will be issued, as indicated in the Award Memorandum.|
|3.||Confidential Information; Non-Competition; Related Covenants.|
|(i)||Fiserv means the Company, its direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliated entities, successors, and assigns.|
|(ii)||Confidential Information means all trade secrets, Innovations (as defined below), confidential or proprietary business information and data, computer software, and database technologies or technological information, formulae, templates, algorithms, designs, process and systems information, processes, intellectual property rights, marketing plans, client lists and specifications, pricing and cost information and any other confidential information of Fiserv or its clients, vendors or subcontractors that relates to the business of Fiserv or to the business of any client, vendor or subcontractor of Fiserv or any other party with whom Fiserv agrees to hold information in confidence, whether patentable, copyrightable or protectable as a trade secret or not, except: (A) information that is, at the time of disclosure, in the public domain or that is subsequently published or otherwise becomes part of the public domain through no fault of yours; or (B) information that is disclosed by you under order of law or governmental regulation; provided, however, that you agree to notify the General Counsel of Fiserv upon receipt of any request for disclosure as soon as possible prior to any such disclosure so that appropriate safeguards may be maintained.|
Competing Product or Service means any product or service that is sold in competition with, or is being developed and that will compete with, a product or service developed, manufactured, or sold by Fiserv. For purposes of this Section 3, Competing Products or Services as to you are limited to products
and/or services with respect to which you participated in the development, planning, testing, sale, marketing or evaluation on behalf of Fiserv during any part of your employment with Fiserv, or after the termination of your employment, during any part of the 24 months preceding the termination of your employment with Fiserv, or for which you supervised one or more Fiserv employees, units, divisions or departments in doing so.
|(iv)||Competitor means an individual, business or any other entity or enterprise engaged or having publicly announced its intent to engage in the sale or marketing of any Competing Product or Service.|
|(v)||Innovations means all developments, improvements, designs, original works of authorship, formulas, processes, software programs, databases, and trade secrets, whether or not patentable, copyrightable or protectable as trade secrets, that you, either by yourself or jointly with others, create, modify, develop, or implement during the period of your employment with Fiserv that relate in any way to Fiservs business.|
|(vi)||Moral Rights means any rights to claim authorship of a work of authorship, to object to or prevent the modification of any such work of authorship, or to withdraw from circulation or control the publication or distribution of any such work of authorship.|
|(vii)||Client means any person, association or entity: (A) for which you directly performed services or for which you supervised others in performing services with Fiserv, during any part of your employment with Fiserv, or after the termination of your employment, during any part of the 24 months preceding the termination of your employment with Fiserv; or (B) about which you have Confidential Information as a result of your employment with Fiserv.|
|(viii)||Prospective Client means any client: (A) with which Fiserv was in active business discussions or negotiations at any time during any part of your employment with Fiserv, or after the termination of your employment, during any part of the 24 months preceding the termination of your employment with Fiserv, in which you participated or for which you directly performed services or for which you supervised others in performing services with Fiserv; or (B) about which you have Confidential Information as a result of your employment with Fiserv.|
|(b)||During your employment, Fiserv will provide you with Confidential Information relating to Fiserv, its business and clients, the disclosure or misuse of which would cause severe and irreparable harm to Fiserv. You agree that all Confidential Information is and shall remain the sole and absolute property of Fiserv. Upon the termination of your employment for any reason, you shall immediately return to Fiserv all documents and materials that contain or constitute Confidential Information, in any form whatsoever, including but not limited to, all copies, abstracts, electronic versions, and summaries thereof. You further agree that, without the written consent of the Chief Executive Officer of the Company or, in the case of the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, without the written approval of the board of directors of the Company:|
|(i)||You will not disclose, use, copy or duplicate, or otherwise permit the use, disclosure, copying or duplication of any Confidential Information of Fiserv, other than in connection with the authorized activities conducted in the course of your employment with Fiserv. You agree to take all reasonable steps and precautions to prevent any unauthorized disclosure, use, copying or duplication of Confidential Information.|
|(ii)||All Innovations are and shall remain the sole and absolute property of Fiserv. You will provide all assistance requested by Fiserv, at its expense, in the preservation of its interest in any Innovations in any country, and hereby assign and agree to assign to Fiserv all rights, title and interest in and to all worldwide patents, patent applications, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights in any Innovation. You also assign and agree to assign to Fiserv, or, where applicable, to waive, which waiver shall inure to the benefit of Fiserv and its assigns, all Moral Rights in any Innovation.|
|(c)||You agree that, without the written consent of the Chief Executive Officer of the Company or, in the case of the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, without the written approval of the board of directors of the Company, you shall not engage in any of the conduct described in subsections (i) or (ii), below, either directly or indirectly, or as an employee, contractor, consultant, partner, officer, director or stockholder, other than a stockholder of less than 5% of the equities of a publicly traded corporation, or in any other capacity for any person, firm, partnership or corporation:|
|(i)||During the time of your employment with Fiserv, you will not: (A) perform duties as or for a Competitor, Client or Prospective Client of Fiserv (except to the extent required by your employment with Fiserv); or (B) participate in the inducement of or otherwise encourage Fiserv employees, clients, or vendors to currently and/or prospectively breach, modify, or terminate any agreement or relationship they have or had with Fiserv;|
|(ii)||For a period of 12 months following the termination of your employment with Fiserv, you will not: (A) perform duties as or for a Competitor, Client or Prospective Client of Fiserv that are the same as or similar to the duties performed by you for Fiserv at any time during any part of the 24 month period preceding the termination of your employment with Fiserv; (B) participate in the inducement of or otherwise encourage Fiserv employees, clients, or vendors to currently and/or prospectively breach, modify, or terminate any agreement or relationship they have or had with Fiserv during any part of the 24 month period preceding the termination of your employment with Fiserv; or (C) participate voluntarily or provide assistance or information to any person or entity either negotiating with Fiserv involving a Competing Product or Service, or concerning a potential or existing business or legal dispute with Fiserv, including, but not limited to, litigation, except as may be required by law.|
No provision of these subsections (i) and (ii) shall apply to restrict your conduct, or trigger any reimbursement obligations under this Agreement, in any jurisdiction where such provision is, on its face, unenforceable and/or void as against public policy, unless the provision may be construed or deemed amended to be enforceable and compliant with public policy, in which case the provision will apply as construed or deemed amended.
|(d)||You acknowledge and agree that compliance with this Section 3 is necessary to protect the Company, and that a breach of any of this Section 3 will result in irreparable and continuing damage to the Company for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. In the event of a breach of this Section 3, or any part thereof, the Company, and its successors and assigns, shall be entitled to injunctive relief and to such other and further relief as is proper under the circumstances. The Company shall institute and prosecute proceedings in any Court of competent jurisdiction either in law or in equity to obtain damages for any such breach of this Section 3, or to enjoin you from performing services in breach of Section 3(c), during the term of employment and for a period of 12 months following the termination of employment. You hereby agree to submit to the jurisdiction of any Court of competent jurisdiction in any disputes that arise under this Agreement.|
|(e)||You further agree that, in the event of your breach of this Section 3, the Company shall also be entitled to recover the value of any amounts previously paid or payable or any shares (or the value of any shares) delivered or deliverable to you pursuant to any Fiserv bonus program, this Agreement, and any other Fiserv plan or arrangement.|
|(f)||You agree that the terms of this Agreement shall survive the termination of your employment with the Company.|
|(g)||YOU HAVE READ THIS SECTION 3 AND AGREE THAT THE CONSIDERATION PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY IS FAIR AND REASONABLE AND FURTHER AGREE THAT GIVEN THE IMPORTANCE TO THE COMPANY OF ITS CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION, THE POST-EMPLOYMENT RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LIKEWISE FAIR AND REASONABLE.|
|4.||Termination of Employment.|
|(a)||If you cease to be an employee of either the Company or any subsidiary of the Company for any reason, the unvested portion of the Award shall terminate on the date on which such termination occurs; provided that, if the reason for your cessation of service is death, Disability or Retirement, then the number of Shares issuable under this Award as of the date of your death, Disability or Retirement, subject to any deferral election then in effect, shall be calculated as follows: (i) the total number of Shares subject to this Award divided by four times (ii) the number of Grant Date anniversaries that have occurred since the Grant Date minus (iii) the number of Shares already issued to you or deferred pursuant to the Award. For purposes of this Section 4, Retirement means the cessation of service as an employee for any reason other than death, Disability or termination for Cause: (A) if you are at least 60 years of age and your age plus years of service to the Company and its subsidiaries is equal to or greater than 70; or (B) if you are least 65 years of age.|
|(b)||If a Change of Control of the Company occurs, the provisions of Section 17(c) of the Plan shall apply to this Award. If the successor or purchaser in the Change of Control has assumed the Companys obligations with respect to this Award or provided a substitute award as contemplated by Section 17(c)(i) of the Plan and, within 12 months following the occurrence of the Change of Control, you are terminated without Cause or you terminate your employment for Good Reason (as hereinafter defined), this Award or such substitute award shall become fully vested, and the provisions of Section 3 shall immediately cease to apply.|
Good Reason means your suffering any of the following events without your consent: (x) significant or material lessening of your responsibilities; (y) a reduction in your annual base salary or a material reduction in the level of incentive compensation for which you have been eligible during the two years immediately prior to the occurrence of the Change of Control and/or a material adverse change in the conditions governing receipt of such incentive compensation from those that prevailed prior to the occurrence of the Change of Control; or (z) the Companys requiring you to be based anywhere other than within 50 miles of your place of employment at the time of the occurrence of the Change of Control, except for reasonably required travel to an extent substantially consistent with your business travel obligations.
|(c)||For purposes of this Agreement, an employee of the Company, if also serving as a director, will not be deemed to have terminated employment for purposes of this Agreement until his or her service as a director ends, and his or her years of service will be deemed to include years of service as a director.|
|(d)||The Company will have no further obligations to you under this Award if the Award terminates as provided herein.|
5. Deferral of Restricted Stock Units. Within the first ninety (90) days following the Grant Date of this Award, you may elect to defer all or part (in whole numbers only) of the Shares otherwise issuable under this Award until the earliest to occur of:
|(a)||Your separation from service with the Company; provided that if you are a specified employee on the date of your separation from service, the Shares will be issued immediately following the six-month anniversary of the date of your separation from service;|
|(b)||The date of your death;|
|(c)||The date you become disabled;|
|(d)||The date you select on the deferral election form, which must be the second, third, fourth or fifth anniversary of the date the Restricted Stock Units vest; or|
|(e)||A Change in Control of the Company. In the event of a Change in Control of the Company that results in the issuance of Shares under this subsection (e), any deferral election then in effect under this Agreement and that applies to any Restricted Stock Units that will vest after the date of a Change in Control of the Company shall be cancelled.|
During the deferral period, the deferred Shares will be accounted for as Stock Units. If the Company declares a cash dividend, you will be credited with an additional number of Stock Units on the date the cash dividends are paid to the Company shareholders equal to the amount of cash dividends payable with respect to a number of shares of stock equal to your Stock Units divided by the Fair Market Value of a Share on the date the dividend is paid. These additional Stock Units will be subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Plan.
For purposes of this Section 5, the terms separation from service, specified employee and disability shall have the meanings given in the regulations promulgated under Code Section 409A, all as determined by applying the default rules thereof.
6. Issuance of Shares. The Company, or its transfer agent, will issue and deliver the Shares to you as soon as practicable after the Award vests, or, if a deferral election was made, at the time specified in Section 5; provided that, if no deferral election is in effect and vesting occurs as a result of your Retirement, the Shares will be delivered upon your separation from service within the meaning of Code Section 409A, or if you are a specified employee within the meaning of Code Section 409A, immediately following the six-month anniversary of the date of your separation from service. If you die before the Company has distributed any portion of the vested Shares, the Company will issue the Shares to your estate or in accordance with applicable laws of descent and distribution.
7. Non-Transferability of Award. Until the Shares have been issued under this Award, this Award and the Shares issuable hereunder and the rights and privileges conferred hereby may not be sold, transferred, pledged, assigned, or otherwise alienated or hypothecated (by operation of law or otherwise). Upon any attempt to transfer, assign, pledge, hypothecate or otherwise dispose of this Award, or of any right or privilege conferred hereby, contrary to the provisions of the Plan or of this Agreement, or upon any attempted sale under any execution, attachment or similar process upon the rights and privileges conferred hereby, this Award and the rights and privileges conferred hereby shall immediately become null and void.
8. Conditions to Issuance of Shares. The shares of stock deliverable to you hereunder may be either previously authorized but unissued shares or issued shares which have been reacquired by the Company. The Company shall not be required to issue any Shares hereunder prior to fulfillment of all of the following conditions: (a) the admission of such Shares to listing on all stock exchanges on which such class of stock is then listed; (b) the completion of any registration or other qualification of such Shares under any state or federal law or under the rulings or regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission or any other governmental regulatory body, which the compensation committee of the board of directors (the Compensation Committee) shall, in its discretion, deem necessary or advisable; (c) the obtaining of any approval or other clearance from any state or federal governmental agency, which the Compensation Committee shall, in its discretion, determine to be necessary or advisable; and (d) the lapse of such reasonable period of time following the date of vesting of the Award or the payment event specified in Section 5 as the Compensation Committee may establish from time to time for reasons of administrative convenience.
9. Dividends; Rights as Stockholder. If the Company declares a cash dividend, you will be credited with an additional number of Restricted Stock Units on the date the cash dividends are paid to the Company shareholders equal to the amount of cash dividends payable with respect to a number of shares of stock equal to your Restricted Stock Units divided by the Fair Market Value of a Share on the date the dividend is paid. These additional Restricted Stock Units will be subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Plan. Until this Awards vests and the Shares are issued to you, you shall have no rights as a shareholder of the Company with respect to the Shares. Specifically, you understand and agree that you do not have voting rights or, except as provided in this Section 9, the right to receive dividends or any and other distributions paid with respect to shares of Company common stock by virtue of this Award or the Shares subject hereto.
10. Addresses for Notices. Any notice to be given to the Company under the terms of this Agreement shall be addressed to the Company as follows: Corporate Secretary, Fiserv, Inc., 255 Fiserv Drive, Brookfield, WI 53045, or at such other address as the Company may hereafter designate in writing. Any notice to be given to you shall be addressed to you at the address set forth in the Companys records from time to time.
11. Captions; Agreement Severable. Captions provided herein are for convenience only and are not to serve as a basis for interpretation or construction of this Agreement. In the event that any provision in this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be severable from, and such invalidity or unenforceability shall not be construed to have any effect on, the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
12. Securities and Tax Representations. You acknowledge receipt of the prospectus under the Registration Statement on Form S-8 with respect to the Plan filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You represent and agree that you will comply with all applicable laws and Company policies relating to the Plan, this Agreement and any disposition of Shares. You represent and warrant that you understand the federal, state and local income and employment tax consequences associated with the granting of the Award, the vesting of the Award, the deferral of all or a portion of the Shares otherwise issuable upon vesting of the Award, and the subsequent sale or other disposition of any Shares. You hereby agree to provide the Company with cash funds or Shares equal in value to the federal, state and local taxes and other amounts required to be withheld by the Company or its subsidiary in respect of any such compensation income or make other arrangements satisfactory to the Company regarding such payment. All matters with respect to the total amount to be withheld shall be determined by the Committee in its sole discretion.
13. General Provisions.
|(a)||None of the Plan, this Agreement or the Award Memorandum confers upon you any right to continue to be employed by the Company or any subsidiary of the Company or limits in any respect any right of the Company or any subsidiary of the Company to terminate your employment at any time, without liability.|
|(b)||This Agreement, the Award Memorandum and the Plan contain the entire agreement between the Company and you relating to the Award and the Shares and supersede all prior agreements or understandings relating thereto.|
|(c)||This Agreement and the Award Memorandum may only be modified, amended or cancelled as provided in the Plan.|
|(d)||If any one or more provisions of this Agreement or the Award Memorandum is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.|
|(e)||This Agreement and the Award Memorandum shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to conflict of law provisions.|
|(f)||The Company agrees, and you agree, to be subject to and bound by all of the terms and conditions of the Plan. The Prospectus for the Plan is accessible on the Companys administrative agents website in the forms library (www.netbenefits.fidelity.com) and a paper copy is available upon request.|
|(g)||This Award is transferable only by will or the laws of descent and distribution or as otherwise provided in the Plan, this Agreement and the Award Memorandum.|
|(h)||This Agreement and the Award Memorandum shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of any successor or assign of the Company and to any heir, distributee, executor, administrator or legal representative entitled by law to your rights hereunder.|
|(i)||You understand that, under the terms of the Plan, this Agreement and the Award Memorandum, the Company may cancel or rescind this Award and/or the Shares in certain circumstances.|
By selecting the I accept box on the website of our administrative agent, you acknowledge your acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, this Agreement, the Award Memorandum and the Plan. Your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement, the Award Memorandum and the Plan through our administrative agents website is a condition to your receipt of Shares.